Thursday, August 28, 2008

Stephenie Meyer does adults

I know, this is my third post about something Stephenie Meyer has written. I am not obsessed, I promise.

But I just finished (well started, and then finished in the course of a day) The Host, her first novel for adults.

The book is about an Earth where parasitic aliens have taken over and take control of people's bodies. It's the story of one alien and her human "host."

For the first hundred pages of so I was really not into this book. I kept almost giving up on it, but decided I would read at least to page 100. The next thing I knew, I was on page 230 and totally hooked.

It's a little more science fiction-y than I am generally into and than her other books have been, but it's an engrossing story and a fast read, especially for a long book.

If you have liked the Twilight series, I think it's definitely worth trying, although you may have to give it a few chapters.

2 comments:

Juan and Kim said...

Did you hear that a rough draft of her next book, Midnight Sun, was leaked on the internet? She went ahead and posted it to her website, but said that she's so upset about it that it is "indefinitely on hold". So, you might want to read the internet version, because she might never finish it...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip - I'm going to read it online.