Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Love it like a 13 year old goth girl

Although Leisure Girl is almost 30 (should I be thinking of changing my name to Leisure Woman? So not catchy) she has an undying love for young adult fiction. When it's well written it has interesting story lines, great romance, and is fast paced. Imagine how excited she was to discover that there is a whole subculture of vampire themed YA fiction. YA fiction? Awesome. Vampire stories? Also awesome. So imagine the possibilities when the two are combined.



The very best examples of this genre are by Stephenie Meyer. Have you not read her yet? Then please stop reading this blog and get to it. You'll thank me later.


She has written the Twilight series made up of Twilight /New Moon /Eclipse and the soon to be released Breaking Dawn. They are even making Twilight into a movie. The books are amazing and un-put-down-able.





I have just recently been dabbling with a new YA vampire series which is good, although nowhere near as enjoyable. Yesterday I finished the second of the Vampire Academy books by Richelle Mead (Vampire Academy/Frostbite and the upcoming Shadow Kiss). Good action, cute boys, all in all very fun.






So what are you waiting for? This could be your summer of teenage vampires? What on Earth could be more fun than that?

2 comments:

LeahKS said...

Hello, self, nice to meet you.

My friend sent me the link to your blog with the title "OM freaking G" to explain to me how your blog is so me. I am happy to see that I am not the only "girl" nearing 30 that enjoys YA lit, is a devout evangelizer for the Twilight novels, and love, love, loves her Tivo.

I look forward to commenting more. :)

Anonymous said...

i am 31 and i am totally addicted to 'twilight series'.

and the book are sold out in bookstores in town.