Friday, June 13, 2008

Leisure Girl’s True Love

I am doing the Pink of Perfection June Project, where she instructed us “Somewhere in your life there is a teacher, a babysitter, a sibling, a parent, a friend, a role model, a mentor, a boss, or an aunt who deserves to be told of their charms, their gifts, and that they are an inspiration.......Write a fan letter telling them just how exquisite they are.”

I am writing, as I am sure many of us will, to Tivo.

My Darling Tivo:

It would be impossible to be a true Leisure Girl without you. Without you, I could not watch things whenever my heart desired, have up to 80 hours of recorded programming available to be watched at a moment’s notice, and be able to watch and record two shows on simultaneously. And I would have to watch commercials. What a world that would be. I don’t know if I would still have reason to live.

Tivo, we have been together many years, and time has only strengthened our bond. I recently upgraded you and you can now tape more hours and more shows. It’s the little changes that keep our relationship so fresh.

Tivo, you make my couch time magical and make it that much easier to get up in the morning. I am continually grateful for your existence.
All my love,

x0x0x0x0x0x0x
Leisure Girl

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been resisting getting a dvr but after this little love note? I think I'm officially in the market.

So glad Sarah pointed me to your blog!