Monday, August 25, 2008

I make bad movie choices

I have had no luck with my weekend movie picks lately.

I wanted to blame Netflix for their going-through-a-dry-spell choices, but I think the blame has to be mine.

In trying to chose movies that both my husband and I will enjoy, I seem to be ending up with ones no one likes.

This weeks less than stellar picks?

Borat. I didn't really think I would like it (it looked WAY too cringe-y), but I felt like everyone else in the world had already seen it and we should too. The result? So awkward and really not all that funny.



Tyler Perry's Meet the Browns. I like Tyler Perry's movies because they are filled with such pretty people. This one was no exception. But it was lacking in suspense. Would the hard-working, but struggling single mom end up with the completely perfect man who was in love with her from the second he met her? Would she? Would she? Well...yes, obviously.


Perhaps next weekend I will do better.

0 comments: