Monday, January 11, 2010

Snuggie? Not so much.

So I got two Snuggie’s for Christmas. I am sure this says something about me that multiple people who know me would think “She seems like a girl who would enjoy a blanket with sleeves.” Which, of course, I am.

I got both a normal Snuggie and then a Snuggie knock-off from Etsy. (Although isn’t the Snuggie itself a Slanket knock off? It’s a slippery slope of blankets-with-sleeves).

The results? Go for the slightly more expensive Etsy Snuggie (or Snugglie, rather). It’s thicker and warmer and much better made. The actual Snuggie started to rip the second day I had it and is super thin.

Still, I have discovered that I do, in fact, enjoy a blanket with arms. Perfect for couching.

2 comments:

Claire said...

I got my 6-year-old a kid's snuggie for Christmas, more because she loves things she has seen on TV. :) I thought the same thing, pretty thin! We haven't had any actual problems with it so far, though.

Anonymous said...

Aus..sweetness... So sorry to hear the Snuggie was poorly made and ripped already. Ah, well. The thought was well-meant and yes, you do seem like a woman who would like the Snuggie concept!