Friday, August 8, 2008

Second tier reading

As we all know, there are books and then there are books. Even while I tend to avoid anything too heavy, some books are a lot meatier, more involving and affecting. Some are like tiny snacks which, while enjoyable, are quickly read and forgotten.


I read quite a bit of both kinds, and I still enjoy the more snack size fare, even though I get through them quickly (and often while the TV is on in the background).


I have just finished two of these kinds of books.


Insider Dating by Jennifer O'Connell is about a woman who wants to create a database about men in Boston so women can know what they're getting into when they date them. It's a somewhat heavy handed story of someone with daddy issues who eventually learns to love.


I also just read Confessions of an Ex-Girlfriend by Lynda Curnyn. I have to admit, I started wondering halfway through if I had read this book already. On the downside, this book is clearly not all that memorable, but on the upside I was willing to read it again.

The main character in this story is recovering from a break-up and it bonding with girlfriends/dating/learning to love herself/etc.




Both of these stories are good, especially if you want something especially mindless.

0 comments: