Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Amnesia is fun

I can only assume that there are zillions of people who have had amnesia wandering around and I, through some fluke, have yet to meet one. That is the only way I can explain the fact that it is such a prevalent problem in books and movies.

Questionable premise aside, Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella is a great read.

I have consistently loved her other books, especially her Shopoholic series (despite its occasional cringe-y-ness) and was so pleased to find this book was no exception.

The main character wakes up with no memory of the last three years. She has to figure out her new life and the person she is and decide where she wants to go from there.

Enjoyable and recommended.



2 comments:

Juan and Kim said...

Hi - You may already know this - Madeline Wickham (aka - Sophie Kinsella) wrote a bunch of books in the late 90's / early 00's that are also pretty good! I just read Cocktails for Three and really enjoyed it. It's just fun chic lit :)

Anonymous said...

I just added some of hers to my library list - thanks!