Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Leisure Girl in paradise?

Sometimes vacation is not all it's cracked up to be.


Okay, I generally speaking had a very nice time in the Dominican Republic. The resort was lovely and the beach was everything you could ask for - turquoise water, soft which sand, and gentle ocean breezes.

Plus I had plenty of downtime to read and luxuriate.
So where did the Dominican Republic and I go wrong? That would be the morning of my return trip.
I woke up feeling not so good. Three hours later I was collapsing in the airport. The next twelve or so hours were filled with wheel chairs, vomiting, and more vomiting. You've never had food poisoning until you've thrown up wedged between a Southern Living saleswoman and a flight attendant continuing to shill snacks.
One of my worst days ever, and, like all bad break ups, it has soured my vacation memories.


0 comments: