Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Christy is a little like 7th Heaven...

Leisure Girl has been alone for the last week or so while her husband has been traipsing around the country.

I have spent these nights curled up in bed by eight watching Christy: The Complete Series. This is one of those shows (think 7th Heaven, Doctor Quinn) that I usually find a little too wholesome/slow. But I wanted to try it because I like Kellie Martin, the main actress.

All in all, it was quite fun. At times a little slow or preachy, but the characters are relatively enjoyable and it has the two guys fight over one girl aspect that I love (and is so often found in Korean TV).




The series is based on a book by Catherine Marshall, which I have now added to my library queue.

Unfortunately, the series ended with a cliff hanger, but they they made a mini-series to follow it up. I've heard the mini-series is awful (and has different actors) but I must have closure, so watch it I shall.

4 comments:

Claire said...

Actually, Christy the book is very good. I remember being completely absorbed by it as a young teenager. The movie/TV version is never quite as good, right, so I hope you'll find the book more satisfying.

P.S. I really enjoy your take on leisure. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you, and now I'm all excited to read the book! - LG

Anonymous said...

I was too busy looking at Kellie Martin's boobs to notice the plot.

Anonymous said...

It is better if you can tell me that where i can download 7th heaven episode for free.your sound like big fan of this show..hope you will tell.