Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I'm hooked on e - well, actually on E!

I somehow had managed to go almost 30 years without watching E! (the entertainment television channel).  And then I had a baby.  And I had a LOT of time laying around, napping, nursing, etc.  And it was winter.  And my husband was working.  And I don't get Tivo up in my bedroom.

And somehow all of these factors led to me watching every season of The Girls Next Door on DVD. 




I figured my son was already seeing a lot of boob action, so a few (hundred) more couldn't hurt.

It's not that the show is good, exactly, it's just that it's fascinating.  Like a nature documentary - except instead of chimps it's very young girls who cannot keep their clothes on and a very very old man who should really know better.

I was hooked, and am in fact watching the current season now, which is much worse and the new girls are a lot less interesting.  Although grown twins who still dress alike and sleep in the same bed is odd enough to be intriguing.

And, sadly, The Girls Next Door was just a gateway show.

I watched the whole season of Kourtney and Khloe Take Miami and just got my first disc of Keeping Up With the Kardashians in the mail.  It's a slippery slope strewn with dumb topless girls.

0 comments: