Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Is it me or are the Charlie Brown specials oddly trippy?

As an early present to myself, I bought the Peanuts Holiday Collection, which has the Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Charlie Brown movies.

These are some of my favorites, and definitely a tradition, but I do find the Thanksgiving one, which I watched last night, to be excessively weird.

First of all, where are these kid's parents? How are they free to wander around alone on Thanksgiving? And, okay, the best meal Charlie Brown can come up with is popcorn, toast, jelly bean and sundaes, but most of that was cooked by a dog, which I find pretty damn impressive. I have two dogs and they would have been absolutely no help, whereas Snoopy not only cooked but also set the table and folded the napkins into little shapes. He's really the unsung hero of this piece.

Every year I watch and every year there are more unanswered questions. It's a holiday mystery.

1 comments:

Lori E said...

Parents are highly overrated. These kids are fine on their own. After all one of them is an actual psychiatrist.
I wish you had joined us for the Writer's Challenge on my site this month. The topic was "what is your favorite movie and why".
Mine was Being There with Peter Sellers. Have you seen it? Brilliant movie.